Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am doing a history fair.Can you tell me some people that went through tragedy and triumph?

So you're a National History Day competitor eh? What category and state are you competing in? I'm in Washington State, though I haven't decided whether to compete in the senior ind. exhibit category like last year, or in the senior ind. doc. category which scares the heck out of me... but fits my topic better.



Oh! And if you need more topic ideas, or help with the project, or simply want to meet other NHD kids, this is the link to the national history day student forum...you'll have to register, but it's an awesome forum! On the forum I'm ashleyjoy2hall. http://nhd.org/forum/index.php?sid=d7768...



I am doing a history fair.Can you tell me some people that went through tragedy and triumph?pop up blocker



Here are a few that come to mind...



Joan of Arc - led an army into battle, killed for her beliefs



Napoleon - exiled to an island, came back to win a big battle



Moving from Europe to the US...



George Washington - Delaware crossing (lots of hardship, great military general), became first President of US



Abraham Lincoln, suffered from depression, lost a child, became a great present, was assassinated

No comments:

Post a Comment