Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Triumphs and Tragedy in History?

I am doing a national history day project and i need a good topic. The Category this year is ''Triumph and Tragedy in History''. I wanted to do the genocide in somalia, but it is too recent. I need something that happened at least 25 years ago and that i can write a 6-10 pg paper on. Thanks!!



Triumphs and Tragedy in History?systemworks



Harriet Tubman; Martin Luther King, Jr.;Titanic;Abraham Lincoln; the battle of Gettysburg...



There are a LOT of topics out there!



I had to do one of these this year. It's actually kinda fun to put together (except I did an exhibit). Just don't star at the last minute! I started in the last two weeks before it was due, and I barely finished it on time (I stayed up quite late the night before!). If you want your project to stand out, spend a little more time on it and start early (and take your time! Don't rush through it!). It can get kinda competitive! I have seen some awesome projects (and those people took their time).



I hope you're not doing a last minute thing... :%26#123;



Triumphs and Tragedy in History?windows



The Trojan war!!!!
Does the paper need to include both triumph and tragedy? I hope not since I don't see the triumph in Somalia...



It sounds like you are interested in contemporary history, in that case I would suggest the independence of India, or of Ghana as triumphs. These were early (for their geographical area) and successful independence movements that people did not believe would succeed but did.

No comments:

Post a Comment