Friday, August 20, 2010

I need to learn everything I can about motorcycles, in particular the Triumph Thruxton.?

I'm turning 18 soon and I need this bike, regardless of logic. I have 3000 which I'm willing to spend on a used one. I've only ridden a dirt bike and a motorcycle once before. I don't want to just go buy a motorcycle though, I want to understand many of the details regarding motorcycles and find out good places to look for them and Im going to use a friends dirt bike alot soon to get more expirience on two wheels. Thanks for any help.



I need to learn everything I can about motorcycles, in particular the Triumph Thruxton.?hp



Besides learning about bikes in general, I'd suggest taking a Basic Riding Course from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation or a similar organization. Its really a very good way to get a good set skills started from instructors that know their stuff.



Everyone I've ever talked to who took one of these courses (myself included) thought it was money and time well spent. In Minnesota, these courses cost about $125 and take place over 2 weekends. They provide the (small, good for beginners) bikes. You have to provide basic safety gear--helmet, gloves, long sleeved shirts and pants and shoes that cover your ankles.



The Thruxton is a fun bike. I own a Triumph (Sprint ST) and have been very happy with it.



I need to learn everything I can about motorcycles, in particular the Triumph Thruxton.?mcaffee

No comments:

Post a Comment