Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What are your family triumphs?

I am making this board type thing for people of all backrounds and beliefs to share their ttroubles and triumphs. Ask questions, get help and support eachother. Here's my triumph:



A year after my father died from cancer I met a guy who changed everything for me. I had no interest in men at the time because I was still getting over my father's death. But this guy was something else. His name was Luke. Luke and I dated for three years when he asked me to marry him. I was 26 at the time and wasn't sure if I was ready. He agreed and we lived with eachother for a year before getting married. Our wedding was big and beautiful on the beach. About a year into our marirage we had our first son, Spencer Luke. Two years later we had Carissa Noelle. Then three years later we had twins, Trevor Wesley and Sophia Hope. Today, everyone is healthy and happy. My husband works full time at his own Law Firm as a lawyer. I used to be a doctor but now I stay home with my four kids.



What are your family triumphs?triumph



My triumph in my family is my son. He is everything we worked so hard to instill in him from the day he was born.



When I see and read about all that other teens are going through, facing daily; and doing themselves I give thanks.



I started from the day he was born to teach him right from wrong. I taught him about God and I prayed with him; and still pray with him. I taught him to respect himself and others. I taught him to be appreciative of everything, even the things not within his reach. I taught him to accept and forgive. I taught him to be goal oriented and to always strive to do his best because his best is an example of him. I taught him to be humble when he needed to be and accept it as a strength, not a weakness. I taught him how to love and accept love in return.



He is the apple of my eye. He makes me laugh and never turns away from a hug. He is a free spirit and I thank God every day for him, because I know he was a gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment