Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Why do I need a blow-off valveon my custom turbo application on my triumph rocket III?

Excessive boost... your gaskets and manifold are only rated for a certain PSI... exceed that and you can do some serious damage. The valve just lets that pressure bleed off before it gets to a dangerous level. It also helps keep back flow from traveling back to the turbo unit when you let off the throttle. Without it the pressure has no place to go when your off the throttle and it will ''stall'' the turbo, you feel this as ''lag'' when the turbo tries to spool up again when you get back in the gas. The valve allows the turbo to maintain a higher rpm and have less spool up time ''lag'' and better throttle response when you need it...



Why do I need a blow-off valveon my custom turbo application on my triumph rocket III?network security



So ya can start it. These valves invented by a fellow here in Cinci as a way to save on the starter and battery draw on high compression engines. Ya ever try to kick start one? You would understand the need for them



Why do I need a blow-off valveon my custom turbo application on my triumph rocket III?norton internet security



Be cuz ir your turbo builds up too much pressure in the intake and cylinders, you;ll blow the head off, or bust a piston or all kinds of s*** can go grenade on you. I suggest not messing with it. The factory knew what the motor could handle, and taking it off or messing with the setting might get you a few extra HP, but its not worth it. If you want some more HP, you better get the motor rebuilt by a PRO, and get a stronger crank, rods, pistons, etc. if you're just wondering about the blow off valve, i think i explained it. If not, e-mail me.



Hope I helped....



Alan



  • makeup for girls
  • legal advice get married
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment